xy full form, An x and y axis, also called a Cartesian coordinate system is an ordered pair of numbers that are displayed as (x,y). x and y are the first two letters of a coordinate plane. The xy coordinates represent points on a 2-dimensional graph which can be used to display data in relation with each other.
- xy is a mathematical term for the distance between two points.
- x and y are coordinates on a graph, like in math class.
- The full form of xy is “x times y” which means you multiply them together to find the answer.
- You can also use this as a verb – if someone asks you what 2x + 3y equals, you need to multiply 2 by 3 and then add it to the result of 6 (6+6=12).
- If someone tells you that they’re going to be at work from 8 am until 5 pm, they mean they’ll be there for eight hours plus five hours – so 13 total hours (8+5=13).
In short, XY is a genetic condition in which an individual has two different sex chromosomes. X and Y are the same letter, but they have different roles in genetics. In DNA, X is a girl’s chromosome while Y is a boy’s.