The University of New South Wales is the unsw sydney full form. Unsw Sydney is a public research university in Sydney, Australia. The University has its origins in the New South Wales Agricultural College which was founded in 1868 to teach science and agriculture.
- It became a university with the passage of the “University of Sydney Act” on 22 November 1949.
- Its name was officially changed from “the University of Sydney” to “Universitas 21-Sydney” on 1 January 2005.
- The institution’s coat of arms includes symbols representing teaching, learning and research (a book), as well as an open hand symbolising service to society (itself derived from St Francis Xavier’s seal).
- The motto is ‘Disce aut Discede’ meaning ‘Learn or Depart’, referring back to St Francis Xavier’s sense that one must be prepared for both study and action.
- The University of New South Wales offers a wide range of courses, from arts and humanities to engineering and environmental studies.
- If you’re interested in the sciences, the university has one of the best medical schools in Australia.
- UNSW is ranked among the top 150 universities worldwide by QS World Rankings, with particular strengths in engineering and computer science.
- With over 200 years’ experience as a leading research-intensive university, UNSW is committed to excellence through teaching and learning for our students.
- Located on Sydney’s lower north shore, UNSW provides an international education with small classes that allows students to get individual attention from their teachers.
- Established in 1947 as part of Australia’s post-war reconstruction program following World War II, UNSW was originally established as a branch campus of Sydney University (known then as Sydney Technical College).
UNSW Sydney Address
- The University of New South Wales is a public research university located in Sydney, Australia.
- It was established in 1949 by an Act of the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia.
- UNSW offers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs for around 45,000 students each year.
- The University’s endowment stood at A$1.13 billion in 2015.
- UNSW has produced more millionaires than any other Australian university according to BRW Magazine’s Rich List 2016.
- The University currently consists of 11 faculties over seven campuses with its main campus located near the suburb of Kensington, 7 kilometres from Sydney CBD.
- UNSW is ranked 6th nationally and 2nd in NSW after Sydney Uni when it comes to producing millionaires based on its alumni worth $10 million or more.
- The University has also been ranked as one of two universities worldwide (alongside MIT) for innovation and entrepreneurship by QS World Rankings’ Top 100 Universities Under 50 Years Old list 2017-18*
UNSW Sydney acceptance rate
- University of New South Wales Sydney is one of the most prestigious universities in Australia.
- The university offers a wide range of courses, including law, science and engineering.
- UNSW has an acceptance rate of 40% for international students.
- The average GPA requirement to be accepted into the university is 3.5-4+.
- UNSW also offers scholarships and financial assistance for international students who need it.
- International student fees are $26,000 AUD per year (approximately $19,000 USD) and include tuition and accommodation.
- Students can apply from anywhere in the world online or on paper.
- There are two main campuses Kensington campus located in Sydney’s inner west which houses undergraduate programs while Camperdown campus houses postgraduate programs.
- In order to qualify as an international applicant you must have completed at least 12 years of schooling outside Australia with English being your first language OR have lived overseas for four years after completing secondary school with English being your first language.