The pt full form is Proficiency Test. The three common English proficiency exams/ proficiency Test are IELTS, TOEFL and PTE TOEFL or the Test of English as a foreign language is commonly accepted by US scoops.
P = Proficiency
T = Test
- However, if you want to come to school in Canada, you are better off taking the IELTS academic module.
- IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System.
- PTE is widely accepted but Australian schools however there are some schools in Canada and the US. They do accept the Pearson Test of English or rather as we call it the PTE.
- So what are the different types of accents that you might hear in the listening section in the TOEFL?
- you might hear a variety of North American accents in the IELTS, you might hear a variety of different English accents.
- However, in the PTE you might find different variations of the Australian British and North American accents so how long will you have to sit in that exam hall usually the examination time ranges anywhere between two hours to three and a half hours.
- So how do you prepare for that writing section for the TOEFL and the PTE, you will have to write an informative academic essay on a given topic as compared to the IELTS.
- where you’ll have to write an argumentative essay on a given topic so what does it cost may depend on the location from where you’re taking the exam.
- If you’re taking the IELTS in Canada it’ll cost you approximately maybe around 320 Canadian dollars.
- If you’re taking the TOEFL it will cost you approximately 230 Canadian dollars.
- Lastly, if you’re taking the PTE it will cost you anywhere between 310 to 375 Canadian dollars.