National Capital Region is ncr full form. The National Capital Region is a conglomeration of the Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad, and Ghaziabad. It comprises six districts: North-West District (NW), West Delhi District (WD), Central Delhi district (CD), South East New Town district(SENT).
The National Capital region is primarily governed by three authorities which are the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon for some areas in the northwest; The municipal committee with chairperson as its head for the southeast new town area; and finally there’s Joint Parliamentary Committee that governs all other areas under central Delhi division.
- The National Capital Region (NCR) of India is one of the most populous and prosperous regions in India.
- It’s located near Delhi, which has been the capital city of India for many years.
- NCR is a union territory with its own government and administration under the direct control of Indian Parliament.
- The region covers an area that includes both rural and urban areas.
- There are three cities within it – Delhi, Gurgaon, and Noida.
- NCR contributes about 23% to national GDP through trade, commerce, transport-related activities etc., making it one of the leading economic centers in India.
- National Capital Region is a planned, integrated metropolitan area in Delhi.
- The region has been designed to be able to handle an anticipated growth from 25 million people to 50 million by 2020.
- It’s home to some of India’s best universities and research institutes like IIT Delhi and AIIMS.
- It also hosts offices for government corporations including Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL).
- The population density of the NCR is higher than that of Mumbai or Shanghai.
- National Capital Region is the capital region of India.
- It is located on the banks of Yamuna River in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh.
- The National Capital Region includes New Delhi, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida and some parts of Haryana.
- It has a population density as high as 1 lakh per square kilometer.
- NCR is home to many famous landmarks like Qutub Minar, Lotus Temple and Akshardham temple among others.
- There are also many tourist spots that attract people from all over the world including Humayun’s Tomb, Rashtrapati Bhawan and Lodi Gardens among others.