lnt full form – Larsen & Toubro Limited, commonly known as L&T (l&t full form), is an Indian company of engineering, technology, construction , manufacturing and financial services located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, with global operations. It was established in India by two Danish engineers who took refuge.
Larsen & Toubro Limited is an Indian multinational company that specializes in infrastructure construction. It was founded by two Danish engineers, Henning Holck-Larsen and Søren Kristian Toubro with the headquarters located in Mumbai India.
The Larsen & Toubro Ltd (abbreviated as L&T) is a large multi National engineering corporation headquartered based out of Mumbai, Maharashtra which was originally started off to act as consultancy for major projects like bridges etcetera but eventually diversified into other sectors such building roads or even civil aviation safety equipment through its subsidiary companies also apart from making heavy machinery’s like cranes it has since then evolved itself upon one of India’s leading conglomerates today.
1. Larsen & Toubro Limited is an Indian multinational conglomerate company that offers engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services.
2. It was founded in 1926 by two Danish engineers. named Hermann Albrecht Larsen and Søren Kristian Toubro.
3. The company has three core businesses – Engineering & Construction, Manufacturing and Financial Services.
4. L&T has a market capitalization of $32 billion as of September 2017.
5. The company’s headquarters are located in Mumbai, India.
6. L&T employs over 20000 people across 100 countries worldwide.
|Founded||07 February 1938|
Søren Kristian Toubro
|Headquarters||L&T House, Ballard Estate, Mumbai, India|
|Number of employees||44,761 (approx)|
What is the meaning of LNT company?
1. Larsen & Toubro Limited is a multinational company that deals with engineering, construction, and manufacturing.
2. The company was founded in 1938 by two engineers – A. M. Larrson and S K Toubati.
3. Larsen & Toubro has offices in more than 40 countries around the world.
4. It employs over 180 thousand people across its various locations.
5. Some of the services they offer are infrastructure development, project management, consulting services to private sector companies etc., all under one roof.
Is L&T an Indian company?
1. Larsen & Toubro Limited is an Indian company.
2. It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
3. The company was founded on 29th July 1938 by two engineers – Jamshedji Framji Madan and Homi Ratnavel Laljee.
4. The name ‘Larsen’ came from the first names of the two founders – Jamshedji Framji Madan and Homi Ratnavel Laljee.
5. It has grown to be one of the largest engineering companies in India with over 250,000 employees working across 30 countries worldwide.
6. L&T’s shares are listed on both BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) and NSE (National Stock Exchange) markets, where they are traded under LNTV code.
What is the work of LNT company?1. Larsen & Toubro Limited is a company that was founded in 1942.
2. They are an engineering and construction service provider with headquarters based in Mumbai, India.
3. Larsen & Toubro Limited offer services to the following sectors; oil and gas, petrochemicals, power, mining, metals and minerals processing industries.
4. Their main focus is on building large-scale infrastructure projects like refineries, pipelines etc for their clients around the world.
5. L&T has invested more than $13 billion over the past five years into research and development of new technologies which includes transportation systems such as metro rail networks or monorails.
6. They have also developed products for nuclear energy plants including pressure vessels or steam generators.
Who is the owner of Larsen and Toubro?
1. Larsen and Toubro is an Indian multinational engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services conglomerate.
2. It was founded in 1864 by two Danish engineers, Ove Arup and Niels Ostenfeld.
3. The company’s headquarters are located in Mumbai.
4. They have a presence in over 30 countries around the world.
5. In 2018 they were ranked as India’s second-largest privately owned corporate group by Fortune magazine.
6. Their products include bridges, buildings, pipelines, refineries and terminals for the oil industry among many others.