Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited is the iffco full form. The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited is a cooperative company that was founded in 1997. The primary goal of the company is to provide fertilizers for small-scale farmers with low incomes. The company has been successful in providing this service by lowering fertilizer prices and increasing availability of fertilizers through its network of over 150 distributors across India.
Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited or IFFCO is India’s largest cooperative. It works to develop the country by focusing on horticulture, food processing and production of fertilizer products through public-private partnership. The company was founded in 1970 with an objective to relieve Indian farmers from the clutches of intermediaries who were exploiting them during that time period despite low productivity because they had no other alternative available for purchasing fertilizers at affordable prices.
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) is one of India’s leading companies which focuses its efforts towards developing agriculture within their home country while also supplying consumers with quality goods such as fruits, vegetables, processed foods, and fertilisers.
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) is a cooperative of farmers and other stakeholders in the agriculture sector.
- The company was founded on 1st January 1995 by the Government of India with an investment from IFFCO International Limited.
- IFFCO started its operations in 1997, when it set up a plant at Gorakhpur for manufacturing ammonium nitrate fertilisers.
- It has been consistently growing since then to become one of the largest producers of fertilizers in Asia and Africa.
- In 2012-2013, they had revenues worth Rs 14 billion ($250 million USD), which increased to Rs 18 billion ($300 million USD) by 2014-2015.
- They have also partnered with international giants such as Bayer AG, BASF SE, Dow Chemical Company etc., to increase their production capacity and product range.