- IDFC bank full form – In 2014, RBI approved IDFC Limited in principle for the establishment of a new private industry bank.
- In this respect, IDFC Limited has transferred its infrastructure finance assets and debts to a new start-up, IDFC Bank.
- MP, Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chennai & Kolkata are based in its 23 branches.
- In November 2015, through this IDFC Limited demerger, the Bank was introduced.
- IDFC Bank started operations on 19 October 2015.
- In October 2017, IDFC opened its 100th branch, in Honnali, Karnataka.
- In communities with a population of under 10,000, fifteen branches are located.
- A partnership was announced in January 2018 by IDFC Bank and Erstwhile Capital First. On 18 December 2018, the combination of IDFC Bank and Erstwhile Capital First established IDFC FIRST Bank as a new entity.
I = Infrastructure
D = Development
F = Finance
C = Company
An Infrastructure Development Finance Company is the full form of the IDFC. IDFC is an Indian finance firm providing financial and consulting services to investment banking, infrastructure and wealth management organisations. In April 2014, the RBI gave approval to two organisations out of 25 commercial candidates. One of the organisations needed to acquire the authorization was IDFC, a non-bank financial company.
The Mumbai-based IDFC FIRST BANK is currently a global bank that, through its regional branches, internet and mobile, offers financial solutions and aims to set a new standard in user experience. It uses advanced technologies and supports a service-oriented approach at all times and from everywhere to establish easy and transparent banking. In India, it supplies banking products and services such as
- Personal loans
- Savings accounts
- NRI accounts
- Fixed deposits
- Home loans, etc.
Capital First Ltd.
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Loans against property
Consumer Durable loans
Micro Enterprise loans
|Number of employees||20,222|
|Parent||Infrastructure Development Finance Company|