IATA Full Form – The IATA full form is the International Air Transport Association.
I = International
A = Air
T = Transport
A = Association
IATA is the International Air Transport Association in its full form. IATA is a private company that promotes collaboration between scheduled airlines around the world to provide the airline industry with secure, efficient , reliable and economical airline services , i.e. advisory services.
Around 275 airlines are affiliated with it. IATA services include fleet & sales planning, protection of cargo, capacity planning , management of airport operations, aviation security, airspace planning, etc. In addition, facilities for managerial accounting and distribution, accounting, lending, accounting and fund clearing are also offered.
- Safety is the prime concern of IATA. It includes a safety tool known as the IATA Operational Safety Audit.
- Most countries also control it at the level of the state. Aviation records 2012 as the best year ever.
- In 2014, IATA set up a select committee to track aircraft in real-time while operating.
- In 2004, the programme was released. To make it easier for passengers, such as bar-coded boarding passes, electronic tickets, quick travel and many other things, the software was introduced.
- IATA was founded in April 1945 in Havana, Cuba.
- It was the successor of the International Air Traffic Association, which was established in 1919 at The Hague.
- At the beginning, IATA had 57 airlines from 31 countries, but it currently has almost 250 airlines.
- Offices in Montreal, Canada are maintained. It has its head office in Geneva , Switzerland.