The Gail full form Gas Authority of India Ltd. It operates India’s largest natural gas refining and distribution company. The National Stock Exchange (NSE) and the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) are both included in the definition of GAIL (Bombay Stock Exchange). New Delhi is home to the organization’s headquarters.
G = Gas
A = Authority of
I = India
L = Ltd
- The Indian government formed GAIL India as a PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) under the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry in 1984.
- The Indian government granted GAIL Maharatna status on February 1, 2013. According to the analysis, it ranked 131st out of 150 respected and trusted companies in India.
- GAIL was added to the BSE, NSE, and DSE directories in 1996.
- In 1999, the Lakwa and Usar LPG plants were licensed for production.
- GAIL received approval in 2001 to construct the world’s longest and first interstate LPG transmission pipeline, which will extend from Gujarat’s Jamnagar to India’s Loni.
- In Gujarat, a 12% stake in GSEGs was managed to be sold in 2002. Bhagyanagar Gas Limited, a joint venture between GAIL and HPCL, was founded in August 2003.
- GAIL received the SCOPE Meritorious Award for enterprise authority and regulation in 2007-08.
- In 2010, it established a Representative Office in Egypt. It was constantly ranked first in the Platts Global Ranking for the classification of gas utilities in Asia during the same year.
- GAIL won the Managing India Award for Outstanding PSU of the Year in 2011. It is the first time that a PSU has received such a grant.