The Full Form KFC is Kentucky Fried Chicken. Kentucky Fried Chicken or KFC is a popular American fast food company that specializes in fried chicken. It was founded by Colonel Harland Sanders on March 20, 1930 with the first store opening up two years later at South Corbin Kentucky. The franchise has now spread to more than 18,000 locations worldwide and employs over 250 thousand employees across their restaurants; it is one of the biggest employers within its own industry!
Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) is an international chain of quick service restaurants specializing in tasty fried chicken dishes like tenders and popcorn nuggets along with sides such as coleslaw or mashed potatoes for customers all around the world to enjoy! Founded back on March 20th 1930 by Col.
The history of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- Colonel Sanders was a savvy businessman who had an idea to sell fried chicken at his restaurant.
- He served the chicken with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.
- In 1940, he sold the business for $2 million dollars.
- The first Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise opened in 1952 in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- KFC is now one of the most popular fast food chains in America, with more than 18 thousand locations worldwide.
Famous people who have eaten at Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- Elvis Presley
- Colonel Sanders
- George Washington Carver
- Lady Gaga
- Queen Elizabeth II
- Julia Childs
What you should order from Kentucky Fried Chicken?
- The Original Recipe
- Extra Crispy
- Honey BBQ Bites (boneless wings)
- Spicy Wings
- Hot & Spicy Drumsticks
- Chicken Pot Pie (extra crispy crust)
How to make a delicious meal that tastes like KFC chicken?
- Buy a pack of chicken breasts, or cut up your own.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper to create the batter.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the batter before frying it in oil for about 10 minutes on both sides.
- Fry some onions and garlic with the chicken pieces until they are golden brown.
- Add spices like paprika and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or potatoes on the side.
The best deals for eating at Kentucky Fried Chicken
- KFC is always running deals, so be sure to check their website for the latest offers.
- Get a free biscuit with any purchase on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Buy ten pieces of chicken and get two sides for only $4.
- Order five pieces of chicken at lunchtime for $5 instead of $6.
- Fill up your bucket with 12 drumsticks or 10 thighs plus four large sides for just $24.
Interesting facts about the restaurant chain, such as their famous secret recipe and how they use 11 herbs and spices in all of their dishes
- The restaurant chain was founded in 1948 by Colonel Harland Sanders.
- The first Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) restaurant opened in Utah, USA.
- KFC founder Colonel Harland Sanders died on December 16, 1980 at the age of 90.
- When it comes to chicken recipes, KFC is best known for its “secret recipe” that includes 11 herbs and spices.
- As of 2017, there are over 18 thousand KFC restaurants worldwide with more than 40 thousand workers employed by them.
- In 2006 the company announced plans to phase out genetically modified organisms from their food products within five years.
What is KFC full form?
- KFC stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- It was founded in 1930 by Harland Sanders and is currently the world’s second-largest restaurant chain after McDonald’s.
- The company is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., which also owns Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.
- KFC specializes in fried chicken dishes that are made from scratch with 11 herbs and spices to create their signature flavor (11 secret herbs and spices).
- There are more than 18,000 KFC outlets worldwide as of December 2013, including 5,163 in China alone.
- In addition to its core product line of fried chicken pieces seasoned with the “Original Recipe,” it offers other products such as wraps or salads for healthier options; side dishes such as mashed potatoes & gravy, corn on the cob, coleslaw; desserts such as pies or cakes; drinks including Pepsi-Cola products like Mountain Dew® Baja Blast™ Freeze or Tropicana® Orange Juice Squeeze; biscuits such as Hot Honey Biscuits™ or Nashville Hot Tenders™.
What mean KFC?
- KFC stands for Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- It was founded by Harland Sanders in 1952.
- The company is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky and has over 20,000 locations worldwide.
- In the United States alone there are more than 14,000 stores.
- There are three divisions of the business – KFC U.S., which includes all domestic restaurants; KFC International, which includes all international restaurants outside of North America; and KFC Ventures LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary that manages franchising activities for both groups.
- Colonel Sanders died on December 16th 1980 at age 90 years old but his image still appears on many signs and advertising materials today because he’s considered to be one of the most well-known figures in American history.
- The first restaurant opened its doors on April 12th 1962 in Salt Lake City Utah with $7500 borrowed from friends and relatives who were convinced it would fail.
- But after only seven months they had made enough money to pay back their investors ten times what they originally invested! And by 1964 there were already 100 stores open across America! That same year they sold stock shares to raise money for further expansion.
What was KFC original name?
- The first Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant was opened in 1930 by Harland Sanders.
- Sanders, who had no formal training as a chef, began cooking for hungry travelers at the age of 13.
- He started his career with a roadside stop called “Sanders Court & Café” where he served country food to travelers and locals alike.
- In 1939 he bought an old service station that would become known as “Sanders’ Place.” It was here that he perfected his recipe for fried chicken.
- After years of perfecting his recipe, on March 20th 1952 Harland Sanders finalized the deal to create Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) and soon after became the company’s Colonel Sanders mascot.
- KFC is now one of the world’s most popular fast-food chains with more than 18000 restaurants around the globe.
What is the name of KFC owner?
- KFC is owned by Yum! Brands, Inc.
- The company was founded in 1930 as Kentucky Fried Chicken by Colonel Harland Sanders.
- In 1964 it became a publicly traded company and was renamed to Kentucky Fried Chicken International, Inc.
- In 1986 the name changed again to KFC Corporation.
- It has over 18,000 locations worldwide in 123 countries and territories.
- The current CEO of Yum! Brands is David Novak.
Who is the CEO of KFC?
- Colonel Sanders founded KFC in 1952.
- Current CEO of KFC is Tony Lowings.
- The company’s headquarters are in Louisville, Kentucky.
- There are more than 18,000 restaurants around the world and over 3 billion served every year.
- In 2015, they made $23 billion dollars in revenue with a net income of $1 billion.
- They have been recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the top 100 companies to work for four years running.