bhel full form is Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a New Delhi-based public sector engineering and manufacturing company. BHEL is India’s largest power equipment maker, having been established in 1964. BHEL became a publicly traded corporation in 1991. It eventually gained the ability to manufacture a wide range of electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment for a number of industries, including transportation, transmission, oil and gas, and other related industries.
Thousands of electric locomotives and defense machinery, including the Super Rapid Gun Mount (SRGM) naval guns developed in partnership with Indian Ordnance Factories and Defense Simulators, were also provided to Indian Railways.
B = Bharat
H = Heavy
E = Electricals
L = Limited
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is the biggest producer of power generation equipment of power generation equipment in India.
- BHEL has a strong presence in the Indian market with over 8,000 MW of installed capacity across thermal, hydro and nuclear sectors.
- It has an annual turnover of Rs 55 billion ($890 million) and exports to over 27 countries.
- The company provides a wide range of products for thermal power plants such as steam turbines, generators, boilers and heat exchangers etc., for hydropower sector including turbine blades and generator sets etc., for nuclear sector such as reactor vessels, pressurizers etc.
- In 2010-11 it had won orders worth more than Rs 100 billion from domestic customers alone.
- In 2011-12 it announced its foray into solar energy sector by setting up two manufacturing facilities at Bangalore one for photovoltaic cells and modules while another facility will be set up to manufacture thin film solar modules which are cheaper but less efficient than crystalline silicon cells used in conventional panels.
BHEL is a reputed company in the field of electronics. They are India’s largest manufacturers for power generation equipment, transmission systems and captive consumption products like transformers with an installed capacity over 15 gigawatts (GW). The team at BHEL has made it their mission to provide world class services both domestically as well as internationally by creating cutting edge technology which can be used anywhere across countries or continents!
Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited began operations way back in 1949 under private ownership where they specialised solely on heavy electrical equipments such us electric motors & Generators etc., Being one among Asia’s Largest Heavy Equipments Manufacturers , Head Quarters located At New Delhi And Manufacturing Units In Lucknow(Uttar Pradesh), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) , Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Silchar (Assam) and Bengaluru (Karnataka).